Wednesday, August 29, 2007



Lastnights show at the Empire theatre featuring Minipop, Brandon Tyler and Tooth and Nail Recording artists, The Fold, was nothing short of fun.


Local to Stockton, Brandon Tylers fans were in full force last night singing a long to the singer who won over the crowd with his John Mayer-like vocals and guitar playing style.< He cracked jokes all night, even joking with the empire staff during sound check. You can view his myspace over at http://myspace.com/brandontyler

Minipop who hail from the Bay Area played a great set of shoe-gazer-esque rock and roll that made me a little upset they didn't have cd's for sale this time. However, when their album is released in stores this fall, I will be purchasing one no questions asked.

The Fold really impressed me. Their new drummer was actually a perfect fit. The two times I've seen them now, they have had a different drummer, but this one not only seemed to get into the show, he got others into it. A girl next to me said "Woah, he's like, really good." Yeah....
Through out the night Dan was making jokes and references to their signing and acoustic performance over at Barnes & Noble earlier in the day. All in all the day went great and I'm kicking myself for not buying this tote bag:

No comments: