Tuesday, August 21, 2007

New Release Tuesday... amongst other things.

Today is New Release Tuesday!! Woohoo!!
Well, it'd really be "Woohoo!!" if anything good came out.
I guess the first season of Ugly Betty is worth mentioning, but other than that not much.

There is also the new cd by The Devil Wears Prada which has a track featuring Craig Owens (Singer of Chiodos) which looks somewhat promising.
TDWP have sort of expanded their horizon by incorporating more layers of noise into their sound, sort of grasping on to guitar heavy riffs like the music of Chiodos, but for fans of that genre of music, I guess that isn't a bad thing as I personally think Chiodos and Dance Gavin Dance do that style best.

Moving on to artists doing things best, Laura Veirs last album, Saltbreakers, was a Barnes & Noble in-store play, and seeing as I work in the Music Dept., you'd think I'd be sick of the thing right? Wrong! I actually need to call Sean and get that cd back from him. I liked it so much in fact that I made my friends cry from it's depressing emo-lack of poptacular sounds by playing it in the car on the way to this photoshoot:

Band: Anchor Photography: Iris Wasabi

I know I should explain why I love that album, but words really can't express it. Go check out her music over here.

1 comment:

D*A*N*A* said...

haha that was the best letter ive ever read especially the last part. yes dear fall out boy please stop being lame and just give us the dates some of us are dying with anxiety attacks every time we think our tickets are going to be on sale soon.